Responsibile Down Standard
• Responsible sourcing of down as a by-product of the food industry
• The tracing and signing of certification standards throughout any phase of the production chain, ensuring that the product is ethically sourced, contrasting the practices of live plucking and forced feeding.The RDS protocol has been developed with the support of animal rights advocacy groups, industry experts, brands and retailers. Created by Textile Exchange and certified by an external certification body, Control Union. To find out more about RDS, please visit responsibledown.org
GLOBAL RECYCLED STANDARD
THINDOWN® has chosen to contribute to the conservation and rational use of raw materials and offers products made of 100% recycled down and regenerated down fiber, GRS certified.
The Global Recycled Standard (GRS) is promoted by Textile Exchange, a nonprofit organization focused in promoting responsible and sustainable development in the textile industry.
The GRS certificate is issued by an external certification body which certifies:
• The recycled origin of the product
• The traceability throughout the production process
• Restrictions on the use of chemicals
• Compliance with environmental and social criteria extended to all stages of the production chain, including workers’ rights.
Adherence to this independent standard aims to encourage adoption of responsible production and consumption models, encouraging rationalisation of natural resources (virgin raw materials, water and energy), waste and pollution.
THINDOWN® è OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 in Class 1 certified.
The STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® is an independent and uniform international control and certification system for raw materials, semifinished and finished products in the textile industry.
The purpose of the standard is to verify the presence of toxic substances in textile products, both for humans and the environment. The presence of the label grants that the manufacturer is certified as environmentally friendly both in the processes and in the factories, as well as tested to verify the absence of harmful substances in the product.
The extensive and strict list of requirements including, among others, the absence of:
• azoic coloring agents, formaldehyde, cadmium, nickel, etc.
• chemicals hazardous to health
• environment polluting substances
The OEKO-TEX® controls of toxic substances are divided into product classes, according to the intended use of fabrics and materials. THINDOWN® has reached the most stringent product class: Class 1, which certifies its compatibility with items intended for babies and infants.